Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mexico Day 3 - Wedding!!

Phewww sorry for keeping everyone waiting for the rest of the trip (Eventhough I am pretty sure there are only 2 people that read this! haha oh well :) )  I have been traveling for work a lot the past week so I haven't had a chance to post but back to Mexico we go... PS... I love writing about our trip because it totally transports me back there and makes me feel like I am sitting there on the beach instead of at my computer! :)
So, Day 2 we woke up and of course had our amazing breakfast like usual!  Then because the spa was such an amazing experience for me the day before I wanted Bryce to experience it as well, so I had signed us up for a couples massage and believe me it did NOT disappoint!  As is their policy because we got a spa treatment the hydro therapy that I walked you through yesterday was included.  They gave us the option to get there early and do it before or wait and go through it after the massage... of course I wanted to sleep in and enjoy a leisure breakfast so I picked that we go after. 
Anyway, the massage was a total experience as well... here in the states you go in for a 4:00 1 hour long massage and you go back to the room at 4 and then you are walking out the door including paying at 5... so really you only get about 45 minutes of actual massage.  Mexico is a complete experience like I said before... nothing is rushed, they go completely at your pace and give you a FULL hour of massaging... so the total experience was probably about 2 hours.
So, we started out changing into the literally made from clouds robes and they gave us slippers to wear and if we wanted one of those hot neck wraps that we could walk all over with and if you asked them they would bring you a fresh one whenever the one you have got cool!  Again... as with EVERYTHING so far OVER THE TOP service.  So, we walked into the room and they had us sit on this bench and put our feet in this dry rice and sand mixture which was heated! It felt heavenly!  They said it was to "pull the toxins out of our bodies" but really it just felt warm which for my all the time cold natured self was wonderful!
They had us sit there for a little while to completely and totally relax. The music was very peaceful and zen like you would expect from a world class spa! 
Then they had us actually get on the tables and below the face pillow was a bowl of scented water so the entire time you were smelling these heavenly scents.  Now, the two ladies the performed our massages were very little and short so I was a little skeptical about the quality of the massage but again... the BEST one I have ever had in my life!! 
So, after the massage we got to experience the hydro therapy treatment again. Bryce loved it just as much as I did!! :)  After we were done in the spa, it was time to head to the pool/beach! :) This time we took advantage of the "adults only" section of the resort and hung out at that pool all afternoon with everyone until it was time to get ready for the wedding! 




 
The wedding was gorgeous!!  The bride was beautiful, the wedding party looked wonderful (especially one handsome looking groomsman! ;-) ) and the setting was so picturesque!! Below are a few of the pictures from the ceremony on the beach...


Panoramic View
The Handsome Groomsmen!


Ring Bearer & Flower Girl



How adorable is her dress??




The Beautiful Couple - So blessed to be included in their special day and to call them friends!!

We are Hitched!! haha :-D


So fun to be married to this guy!! :)
Being silly on the beach :)

 

The centerpieces
The place cards

On a side note, the entire wedding had a sand dollar theme to it as well (apart from the obvious tropical wedding theme)... the place cards and then the welcome bags had a card inside that went through and explained the "Legend of the Sand Dollar" Which is such a beautiful picture and example of the birth and death of Jesus.  I love that these two wonderful people chose to focus their wedding and their future on the only solid foundation of Jesus Christ and remind all of their guests that this was the reason we were all coming together!  :)  Below is the legend if you are wondering what I am talking about! 

 
Now back to the wedding...
Here are a couple of pics of the reception setting...
 

 
 
Their first dance was so beautiful as it was on the walkway over one of the infinity pools!!
(Sorry the pic is kind of grainy)
 
 
After all of the formalities, the party really got started!! :) We all had a blast dancing the night away and before the night was over the ENITRE wedding party and most of the guests ended up in the pool!!  Yes including the bride!!  Such a blast!!!!
 



 



 

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile thinking about Bryce walking around the spa in his fluffy robe. :-) The resort looks amazing, the wedding was beautiful and I love the pictures of them all in the water. So fun!

    ReplyDelete