Monday, October 7, 2013

Mexico Day 2 - Spa & Welcome Reception

Day 2 of the trip was just as amazing as the first one!
It started off pretty early which as many of you know is a rarity for me when I am on vacation!  However, the lure of the spa was worth it to get up early.
A lot of the girls that were there early (either they or their husbands were in the bridal party) met at the spa to have a variation of amazing treatments done.  I wasn't sure how I felt about an all day spa experience yet so I had what they called the Hydro Therapy Treatment then would decide later if I wanted to add on to it! 
Needless to say, the spa was amazing so I definitely went back for more! 
Below are a couple of pictures of the lounge area... sorry for the lack of pictures I was too focused on relaxing to think about pictures plus all I had was my phone and as the name gives away there was a lot of water which electronics and water.... yeah not so much!

 
 

 
So to walk you through this experience we came in wearing our bathing suits and they gave us these heavenly robes to wear all throughout the process.  We started out in a rain shower of warm water to relax the muscles and prepare for the rooms.  The first room was a sauna - it was hot but they gave you cucumbers for your eyes and a frozen towel to cool off if you needed it.  The entire room was made of cedar planks so when you walked in the smell was heavenly.  They allotted you about 8 minutes in each of the rooms but could stay longer if you wanted to!  On a side note, in this spa we received probably the best service ever... the ladies that attended to us were so incredibly nice and always soft spoken!  (I think that was probably to add to the tranquility! haha)  Literally anything you asked for they would magically appear with - A fruity juice drink of course maam, a plate of fruit no problem! You were definitely pampered! :-D
  The next room was the steam room... this was my favorite!! As soon as you walk in you could feel your muscles start to relax and the tenion and stress knots as I call them just melt away!  I always stayed here longer than they said (Yes if you are wondering I went through this treatment about 3 times throughout the weekend! :) )  The next room was the Ice Room... yeaaahhh didn't like this one so much... again if you know me at all you know I am a VERY cold natured person so to walk in and sit down in a room that is purposefully cold...?? NOT relaxing to say the least but they said it was part of the process so I gritted my teeth and got through it... needless to say this was always the minimum time and NEVER extended! haha
The last room was what they called the clay room.  It was similar to the steam room but not as intensive but they would give you a tray of clay to rub all over your body, a conditioner for your hair and then aloe gel for your face.  After sitting for a few minutes you would rinse off with your own personal shower head and then go back to the rain shower for a final rinse. 
After the room process you would go into the pools process.  This started off two long skinny and shallow (about calf deep) pools (one HOT and one COLD!) You would walk the length in the hot pool and then walk back in the cold pool.  You did this about 2 or 3 times and then moved on to the jet pools. This you could go at your own pace but they had different areas of the pool that had different jets you could massage your body with.   One strong one for the neck and shoulders then on to the bubbles for your legs, then on to the lounge chair jets for back.  You could stay for 5 minutes or an hour if you wanted to, just whatever you felt like!  Another cool thing about the pools is that by the time I got to this part some of the other girls that were in our group were also wrapping up with what they were doing (massages, mani/pedi, etc) and were in the pools too so we got to hang out and catch up and of course talk about how amazing the spa is!  The final step to the hydro therapy was about 10 minutes in a hot tub and then a quick dip and I mean  QUICK dip in the Ice cold tub.  At this point you are finished with your experience and you can either re do it all, hang out anywhere in the spa or go do something else in the resort. I chose to sit by the "lazy river" haha I know im classy and read for awhile! :)  The entire process from start to finish took about 2 hours and it was worth EVERY minute! :) I walked out of there feeling the most relaxed I have felt in a long time! :)
Side note... before I left, I signed me up for a mani/pedi and Bryce & I up for a couples massage!
 
After the spa experience, I decided to go in search of Bryce.  The guys were supposed to get up and go on a chartered deep sea fishing excursion but weather didn't permit the boat to launch so they had to cancel but don't be too sad for him because he got to sleep in and finish off the breakfast that I had delivered early that morning :) Every morning this was how we got our breakfast delivered to our room...
 
 
It was always delicious and then underneath the table was a hot box so that if you ordered eggs, bacon, an omelet or whatever, it would stay hot until you were ready to enjoy it! :) Amazing!
After relaxing at the pool for a bit with him, I went back to the spa for my mani/pedi which as with everything else, was the best one I have ever had! :)
 
Then it was time to get ready for the welcome reception.  Most of the wedding guests arrived on Friday so this was a way to get everyone together to meet and get to know each other and get ready for the wedding on Saturday!  :)  We met so many amazing people that will definitely be life long friends, we are so thankful!!
 
 
And of course Bryce was the life of the party... I mean did you expect anything less? ;-) haha
 




Also, I found a picture of the entrance that I was describing in my last post :) They should just hang a sign... prepare you are entering Heaven! :) haha
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OK, your description of the spa makes me want to do something like that!!! Sounds just wonderful and you have me wanting to go on a nice relaxing vacation now. :-)

    ReplyDelete