Monday, December 9, 2013

30 is the new 20 right??

To say that I have had mixed emotions about turning 30 would be an understatement! HA
I mean on one hand I feel like at 30 you are finally viewed as an adult and in my profession are viewed like you have some experience and knowledge instead of just being called "the youngin" all the time!  However, on the other hand, Im no longer in my 20's!! AND 30 just sounds so much older than 29! haha I know that isn't rational but it does and I think anyone who is now in their 30's will agree with me that it is just different! 
Even though I haven't been sure about it everyone around me seemed to think it was a HUGE deal to celebrate and I am very thankful that they did because this one was the best one yet!

The celebrations actually start a couple of weeks before my birthday because my family came in town and we had a joint celebration weekend for my mom and I :)  It was so amazing to have them visit us in Greenville now that we are semi-settled (yeah right haha) and to just have some good family time!
However, we did get to do something amazing while they were here... City Segway Tour of Greenville!! It was so much fun!! We had a great guide who was very laid back and let us get off and explore down town as we wanted to.


 
They were experts from the very beginning!  Barely needed the training class! :)
 
Downtown Greenville:  Definitely falling in love with this city!



Group Shot:

The little guy in some of these pictures is 'Flat Stanley'. My nephew Carson sent him for a visit while Mom, Dad & John Russell were here. 
Below is a picture of us showing them the bridge that goes over the river in downtown!  My mom is pretty scared of heights so she didn't want to get too close but we were able to pull her into the shot :) Her and her nervous laughter! haha

After that we came back to the house and had a pretty intense game of corn hole!  My family is all pretty competitive so it got a little crazy but we all had a blast!! :)
 
 
Thanks for coming to visit Dad, Mom & John Russell!!

Now the weekend of my birthday was pretty amazing too!!
First my office started off the morning by decorating my office...
 


 




 
 
The next surprise was that my amazing husband rented a limo and picked me and two of my good friends up and we all went out to lunch!! It was so much fun and I had no idea!!  You can see by the video below that I was completely in shock but loved every minute of it!! He even stopped at the store and picked up a bottle of champagne so we had a little bubbly on the ride around town! Haha It's 5 o clock somewhere right??

 
First attempt at loading a video so sorry it is a little small or doesn't work...
 
Below is an amazing collage my best friend Susan did for me to wish me a Happy Birthday on Instagram!  She is an amazing woman and I literally could not imagine my life without her in it!! So many fun and wonderful memories with that girl!! I loved the collage so much I had to include it and share :)

 
That night some friends came with me to dinner at my favorite restaurant in Atlanta - Canoe (yes we were in Atlanta working on the house of course! haha)  Dinner was amazing but the company was the best!! Thanks Bryce, Sus, Steffanie, Jenny, Robin, Jeff, Wendy & Greg for making my night so special and amazing!!
Love you all!!
As you can see from the picture below, Bryce rented the limo again to take us to dinner!


Then Bryce, Sus, Steffanie & I went out for a night out on the town in East Andrews!  So much fun dancing the night away!!



The next day I got to have brunch with some wonderful ladies from our supper club - Jen, Lisa & Carrie Beth (with her two girls: Handley & Harper).  I hadn't had the chance to see them in a while and it was so good to catch up and get to meet the two newest members of the group - Andrew & Mackenzie  They are adorable!!  We didn't take any pictures during brunch because we were too busy talking but here is one of the group afterwards out in the parking lot! 

 
Thanks everyone for making my 30th the best birthday ever!! :) Love you all!
 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment